keskiviikko 14. syyskuuta 2022

Finncon, 8.-9.07.2022

 This was my second time in Finncon, as I was there once in 2013 when the con was in Helsinki. The con actually lasted from Friday to Sunday, but I only went on Friday and Saturday. I was meant to cosplay Cherry from Studio Killers the whole con, but my friend who come to help with my wig said they could not go at Friday. So I went there in my normal goth clothes. I arrived there quite early since I did not realize the con opened at 3 PM, I arrived at 2 PM. So when I arrived the people in seller's hall and artists alley were just putting their things on display and literally no one was in cosplay. It took a few hours to get the cosplayers there. The seller's hall and artists alley was bit confusing; most of the people there were people selling their own products, there were some selling sci-fi books and comics and Head Hunter Store selling their stuff. I saw this Estonian woman selling keychains that had cat heads in them. I saw one in red and black and had to buy it. She sold it to me with 12 euro, which was a nice price. I asked about it, she told me she did the keychain herself and the cat is her own cat. Her username is St4rfighter, check her out. I also bought another keychain, a black mermaid tail. Her name is Feryares. The keychain seems to be good quality and it's big. I really like it. The keychain also cost 12 euro.

At Friday I really did nothing, I hanged out the whole con, and the fact I could not cosplay kind of affected my mood. But at Saturday I did my first cosplay since 2014. I was meant to come back at 2020, but you know what happened, so I had to wait another two years. For years I wanted to cosplay but I thought I was too big and it would "ruin" the character. But now I have seen many beautiful plus size cosplayers, and I thought I can do this too.  I wanted to start from something simple and easy to wear, so I chose Cherry from Studio Killers' music video Ode to the Bouncer. This has has been on my cosplay list since like 2012 but I never had the chance to do it. I thought this was going to be a easy cosplay, how wrong I was! I had seen many dresses in Chinese sites that fit Cherry. Too bad none fit me. I even asked for a custom size and they all said no. But all honestly, a white fabric would have been wrong, since Cherry's dress is blue-ish. So I bought the fabric from Eurokangas and got it made.

 The shoes and the wig were also difficult. Cherry's hair is very odd shade, it is not blue or green, but in between.  I bought a wig made for Elizabeth from Seven Deadly Sins, but that got cancelled, and I did not notice it. Also the wig was too long, I would have needed it styled, which would also cost money. But I found almost perfect wig from Coscraft. The wig was blue, but totally blue, it had a slight grey-ish tone. It did not need to be styled so I bought it. The shoes were other difficult thing. I had seen perfect boots from Zalando and I thought I'm going to buy those. But my size was always sold out! I had an email come to me when the boots were available, and they literally sold out in 20 minutes. Just by luck I managed to buy the shoes a week before the con. I literally hunted for those for four months. I was afraid of her makeup but the tear lines were not as difficult to do. She had dark lines on her eyelids but I could not do those so I went without. Overall I was happy with the cosplay and people even recognized me. I also met a woman who is working on a game for Studio Killers, and she liked my cosplay. I also sent a message to Eliza Jäppinen, the person who created Cherry. We met at Popcult (in Finnish) back in 2017, she was so lovely, and she liked my cosplay. Studio Killers also left a heart at my Instagram post, which I loved. I also met Liltsy and her friends. Liltsy I have met quite a few times, we first met at Tampere Kuplii, then at Kibecon, and now here. I heard she is going to Kitsunecon next month where I'm also going.

I also visited the con's evening party. I met Elli, who had an amazing cosplay on her. She had so many details and she had done it herself. She had participated at cosplay competion and won. Finncon's cosplay competion was a bit odd, they alloved costumes that have not been self made and called it a "masquerade". The ticket for the evening party was 10 euro, but it was not bad, as the con itself was free. I stayed there for two hours, but then it seemed no one there was a participant of Finncon and we were the only one's in cosplay, so I decided to leave. But overall I had fun and it was so awesome to cosplay again after almost ten years.

A selfie I took in my Cherry cosplay.

A full photo. This is the first picture in ten years where I'm posting my full body and I'm not wearing a corset. I'm not wearing shapewear underwear or a corset under the clothes, so you can really see everything I don't usually want people to see. But I'm on a road of acceping myself.


The cat keychain from St4rlight, that cost 12 euro.

The mermaid tail keychain that cost 12 euro, from Feryares.



Extra photo: my look from Finncon 2013, where I posed with Tardis.



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti