perjantai 12. elokuuta 2022

Desucon, 17.-19.6.2022

Desucon was once again and it is still the best con along with Tracon. It's been two years since I have gone to Desucon, so I really missed it. Desucon, along with its winter variant Desucon Frostbite, is for people over 18 only. So there were no children in the con, and pretty much everyone was in the same age group as me. Desucon is in Lahti, which is one hour away from Helsinki if you take the train. Desucon is at Sibelius Hall, and it is a big and nice place to have a con. It is quite close to the train station, and it is that big that many things fit in there.

 Desucon has it all; an artist alley, seller's hall, place to play games, restaurant, bar, a meido cafe and much more. It also has a second hand shop, and when I arrived, there were such a long queue to it that it went outside. After I put my stuff at cloakroom, I went to the queue and I was in it it for an hour. I went to find one thing, and that was an anime figure, and that's why I had taken ATM money. I found nothing! All the figures were either male or kawaii figures. There was one, Yaguy Jubei 1/8 Final Bride ver from Hyakka Ryouran, made by Alter and Hobby Japan, but it cost 150 euro, and that figure is not a must have so I did not buy it. I also do not collect 1/8 scale any more, as they are so small. I also looked for Umbreon and Super Sonico stuff like keychains, but could not find anything. I found a small wallet which had Eeveelutions from Pokemon (and even Umbreon on it) and it cost 12 euro. I checked out that in Pokemon Center is had cost 39 dollars, so it was a pretty good deal. The item was in plastic wrapping so I did not really see it that well, but when I opened it it it was pretty worn out which was sad. I also found a PVC miniskirt by Killstar but there was no way it could have fit me, even though the skirt was size XL. Most XL clothes fit me, but Killstar's sizing is so tiny that there is no way. So I sold it. But what I really thought was a pretty darn good deal,  was it there was a Rise Me Black handbag by Banned only 10 euro! I had to get it. This is a bag I would not pay 40 euro for, but as it was only 10 euro, I thought I did a pretty good deal. 

I have new fire inspired hair and nails, so I decided to try to do a fire inspired makeup on Friday~

I saw many of my friends, some more and some more briefly. I saw Rope, who had a wonderful look - they had a green and pink outfit that was so cool, with so many details. When I saw them I knew I had to talk to them. So I hanged out with them and their friend Soda. We talked in the evening, there was actually a lecture about hentai that time but I decided to stay with my friends, hentai does not interest me that much. Friday's evening was really nice, it was warm and sunny. The same could not be said about Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was really cold and it rained the whole day. Before Desucon I had not slept at all and in the night between Friday and Saturday I slept about few hours, so I was quite tired. I got up, but my makeup on, took the bus to the con and straight away I walked to the info and asked someone to put my corset on. One of them decided to help me, but she was quite small so she said she didn't have the strenght to put in on, so some guy at the info helped her. Eventually I got my corset on and I was happy.

I went to the seller's hall as it had opened on Saturday. Finnish cons are amazing because there are no bootleg stuff. All items sold are legit. I don't usually buy figures from the sellers hall because they are so over-priced. I also did not see any figures that interested me, pretty much all of them were kawaii figures, I only found one sexy female figure that would fit into my collection but she cost 180 euro so I did not buy her. I found a shirt from Banned sold by Kuroineko, a fox shirt from Wonder Shop. I also bought a large 30cm Niffler plush made by Furyu. I kind of regretted it, I don't really have space for it and I'm not the biggest fan of the Fantastic Beasts series, so I sold it. I met so many new people and was stupid and did not ask Instagram from all of them. In the evening I met Saara, who had came to the con alone. We talked fot a hour and and a half until it was 8 PM. At 8 PM there was also other lecture about hentai that I thought was interesting, but I decided to go to the evening party with her. The evening party is part of the ticket, where in Tracon, you have pay 15 euro entrance fee. I hanged out with Saara and her friend whose name I no longer remember, but she had to leave quite early. She came from Helsinki and she did not have a place to stay for the night. I met a lot new people including Severi, Teppi and others and I had so much fun. We talked about many things and playfully argued (they literally had a 15 minute argument over it is spelled "jauheliha" or "jauhenliha") and we had a good time. I only drank four drinks, the bar was expensive (like all bars in Finland) and the queue to the bar counter was ridiculously long, it took me 20 minutes to get a drink. So I decided to to leave and go to the Airbnb house I was sleeping in. 

My look on Saturday. 

At Sunday, after two days wearing a corset as tight as it can be worn, I just decided to go with a red and black leopard summer dress. I went again to the seller's hall just to look if I had missed anything, and found nothing new. There was a red and black wallet by Banned sold by Kuroineko, and unlike handbags, I don't really collect wallets, I usually have only one at the time. But this wallet was on sale, the sale was not big but I did not had to buy shipping on top of it, so I decided to buy it. There is also a matching handbag to the wallet, but it is so tiny, I have to pass. I really did not meet anyone, Saara said she did not come for Sunday. I decided to leave quite early, but just before leaving, I met Saija, a woman with whom I went to see a Harry Potter concert years ago. We talked briefly and then I left. It was a nice con, first proper con in two years, and definitely the best one along with Tracon.

My look on Sunday.

My favorite thing that I bought, this Banned Rise Up Black bag at very nice ten euro price. I have used it a few times, and I have previously used a handbag from Restyle that has three pentagrams and and kinds of metal on it, and this bag is so much lighter. This is not a bag I would have paid the original 40 euro, but 10 euro is just fine.

The wallet from Banned. I really did not need a new wallet, but it was on sale, so I bought it. It cost 15 euro.



A large 30cm Niffler plush from Furyu. It cost 28 euro.

The shirt from Banned. It cost 20 euro.

The Banned shirt also has a semi-see trough mesh back, which is cool.

A fire fox shirt from Wonder Shop. I like feminine clothes, and this shape of shirt really is not feminine, but I had to buy it because of the print. The print is beyond beautiful. The shirt cost 25 euro.

A skirt by Killstar. It is slightly too small for me so I sold it. It cost 8 euro.



I bought this La Maison de Eievui card case. It was in a plastic wrapping, so I did not notice it was quite worn out. It cost 12 euro.

The card case from behind. It has all Eeveelutions, including my favorite, Umbreon.

















Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti