lauantai 3. huhtikuuta 2021

London, England, 9.8-14.8.2016 part 2

This is a translated version of this. After the Harry Potter play we visited central London, the Natural History Museum and a few geek shops. The geek shops were nice, and me managed to see three during one day. Forbidden Planet was quite big geek shop, where the upstairs was meant for figurines and other geek stuff and downstairs had comics. Even though they had a lot of stuff, I could not really find anything. There were a lot of Marvel comics, but as I'm not interested of the comics I did not buy any. There was a lot of fandoms that I like, but a lot of stuff I would like to buy. I also wanted to buy a figure from there, but I could not find any that I would like. If you like DC, they had a lot of their figures. I bought a card holder which had the sign of Slytherin (I don't really do anything with it but it is nice to own) and a Attack on Titan poster, which had my favorite characters Female Titan and Mikasa on it. 


As Forbidden Planet was about to close, I could not take any pictures inside. I took a few of the showcase.

I had heard from a person that had lived in Camden that it is not the best area of London. But I have to say I was shocked to see where Who Shop was located. Doctor Who is quite a big deal in Britain and but still Who Shop with its store and Doctor Who museum was in really bad area, that kind of felt like a slum. The buildings seemed to be at the point of collapse and there were small boutiques of immigrants everywhere. We arrived to Who Shop 5 minutes before the closing time and lol, they did not let us in. The door was locked even though there were clients inside and they just came to the door to see us and walked away. The shop was so small that we could have been though it within five minutes. Also the door had instructions that you could not go inside if you smelled of tobacco or perfume which caused little what the fuck feelings for me and Pipsa. I saw the shop outside, I'm not going there ever again.

Shop from outside. Apparently they also sell Star Wars merchandise. 

Because of the whole mess with Who Shop, I decided randomly go to back to central London to look for a Harry Potter shop. I originally had not planned to go there, but I decided that we would make it. The shop was easy to find, we arrived at Kings Cross St. Pancras and the shop was there, about one hundred meters walk away. The shop was nice, but it felt like it was a little bit narrow. There were a lot of products and even replicas from the movies, but those were quite costly. All the houses were represented, but I noticed that there a lot of Gryffindor merchandise.  I could understand that, as we see everything through the eyes of Gryffindor students. I bought a Slythering necktie, and and a Deathly Hallows keychain, that I turned into a necklace. Before the trip I had bought a Slytherin scarf because I had planned to put it on when I was going to see the play, but I did not. They sold it a lot cheaper, so I was a little annoyed.

Slytherin representation table.

Professor Slughorn's hourglass. It looked so cool, and I wanted it so bad.

They also sold stuff like this. Unfortunately I could not take more pictures, the shop was full of people and all the interesting products were behind glass cabinets so taking pictures was really difficult. 


The next day we visited Natural History Museum. The museum was easy to find, as from the metro we could find an arrow that showed where to walk. The building was really big and really beautiful.  I really like old buildings and how they are built. We arrived to the museum 30 minutes before closing time, and we went to see the fossils of the dinosaurs. They were the only thing I wanted to see, as taxidermied animals can be seen in other places too. I have always wanted to visit the museum and I have loved dinosaurs since childhood. I took some pictures of them, but I have to apologize the quality difference, my SLR camera's battery died so I took the rest of the pictures with my phone. 

The building itself was really beautiful.

The lounge was great too.


I took pictures of two cool paintings.

This is one of the nicest pictures I took during the trip.


I also saw these sexy robot raptors. Notice the derp expression and my phone's bad camera quality.


I also posed with this sexy robot T. Rex. I really like the colors of this picture.


I wanted to see the Big Ben, so we went to central London. It is beautiful.

The next day we had to leave, and we did not really have time to do anything else than get up, eat and leave. I managed to miss Warner Bros. Studio as it was booked fully, and did not have the chance to see any musicals, but those I'm doing the next time I'm going to London. 

The things I bought: 

The Slytherin tie, card holder and Deathly Hallows keycahin. If you are wondering what the other things are, they had fudge inside it :D I really wanted British fudge but could not find it anywhere else than airport. 

The key chain that I turned into a necklace. I really like this, this is one of my favorite necklaces.

The Attack of Titan poster. Sorry about the poor light in my room. 


I hope you liked the post. :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti