keskiviikko 13. heinäkuuta 2022

Hypecon, 11.06.2022

 So I decided to go to Hypecon, even though I thought I would not. Hyvinkää, where the con is, is only 45 minutes away from Helsinki, so overall it took me a little over an hour to get there. I could not get my friend to put my corset on, so I decided to go in a black and red summer dress and fishnet stockings. The dress is beautiful, it has red and black checks and a leather harness on the front. If I remember correctly, last time I have been in Hypecon was in  2014, and I've always had a lift to the con. This is the first time I had to go there by train. But the train journey was not too bad and it was fun to see cosplayers. I did not know where to con is, so I decided to follow the others. Google Maps said it was a 1,3km walk there from the train station but it did not feel that long. 

The con itself was a lot bigger than I expected. The seller's hall was massive, and there was three buildings for the con. What I did not like was that the second hand shop tables were separated. They had four different tables that were far away from each other. I did not even realize right away where the second hand shop was. I also had hundred euros cash for a figure from the second hand tables, but there was almost no figures. I was really surprised, since usually second hand shops have a lot of figures. I also did not like that the artists alley was right in the same place as seller's hall.


My look during Saturday.

Just like in Kibecon, this was a free event. They even gave us wristband to count how many there was in the con. I think there was blue one, turquoise one, pink one and orange one. They apparently did not have any red ones, so I took orange, it at least matches with my hair (yes, I have new hair, my hair is now half red and half orange).

Because this was a free event, pretty much everyone were children. I had asked many of my friends did they come to Hypecon, and they all said no, so I decided to go there alone and just find someone. I hanged out with teenagers  all con, until I met the sisters of Asikainen, Päivi and Satu. It's been years since I've seen them and they looked amazing, as always. I just enjoy people my age or older. I feel quite awkward with teenagers. But I had a lot of fun with them. They had a workshop, where people could create their own jewelry, so unlike me, they dd not hang out in the con.

I also met Pipsa, the same person who I went to London with years ago. She had been working the whole con so she could not hang out, but after her work she came to talk to me, We talked about meeting, Pipsa lives in Vantaa which is not that far from Espoo. She even gave me a can of Pepsi Max <3 She is so lovely.

They also had a partly in the evening, and I stayed there for about 20 minutes. It was for everyone, so there was no alcohol involved. The music was not Japanese, they played Korean pop songs that I did not like. Only like five people were dancing and I was there alone, so I decided to left. I had no one to follow for the railway station, but the walk was pretty much straight, so I did not get lost. 

When I was young I could not ever find anything from cons except jewelry, and literally never bought anything from Manga Cafe as I felt they are expensive. But now I think it's not that expensive, as they have to pay customs and shipping for their products. So I literally bought stuff with 25 euro. I bought strawberry mochis, that were exactly same as the ones I bought from Tampere Kuplii, just in diffrent package, the same dry ice cream I bought from Kibecon, strawberry Kit Kats, Mochis with rasberry custard and chocolate cookies that were partly mochis that had banana paste inside. One of my friends said that Japanese flavored Kit Kats are not from this world. I have never liked Kit Kat's chocolate, and I decided to test it. It was not bad, but it was not good either. I just don't like their chocolate.

I also bought a shirt from Banned and a necklace.The necklace was from Sir Roi, and she was so nice. She had a necklace of a beetle but it had green rhinestones. So I asked her if she could make it with red or black rhinestones. She happened to have it as an earring with black rhinestones, so she made it into a necklace. She did the the chain too short first, and she had to make it longer. I had before that asked for a sale, and she said she would sell it with 17 euro instead of 19 euro. She still gave me the sale! Even though she went through all that with the chain. I was so happy.

From KuroiNeko I bought a shirt from Banned. It was on sale and it cost 25 euro, which was a very good price. The shirt was super beautiful and I loved that they had it in bigger size. Banned clothing is very large, I have two shirts from them a size smaller that still fit, but the shirt looked very good. The shirt was simple black top with corset-like decoration. 


Flavored mochis, dry strawberry ice cream and strawberry mochis from Manga Cafe.

Mochi cookies with banana paste. This was super good.

Strawberry Kit Kats.


A shirt by Banned sold by Kuroineko. This shirt cost 25 euro and it is very good quality.

A beetle necklace from Sir Roi Jewelry. The original cost was 19 euro, but she sold it to me for 17 euro <3


Overall a good experience, and I might go next year time too.








Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti