lauantai 2. heinäkuuta 2022

Nightwish, Helsinki Ice Hall, 24.4.2022

 I have been fan of Nightwish since I was a little kid, I have been listening to them since I was six years old. Tarja Turunen was my first Nightwish vocalist and she is still my favorite, but I was quite young when she got fired so I never saw her live. I have seen her perform Christmas songs in a church in Kotka, and I wrote about it (in Finnish) back then.

This time I saw Floor Jansen, who is really good, but I still have to say I prefer Tarja. Floor's singing technique is better than Tarja's but I still think she sounds more like a basic metal singer whereas Tarja's soprano sound was so unique. But I still really liked Floor. She is definitely a good lead for a metal band, she feels like a metal vocalist. 

I recorded some of their songs, including She is my Sin, Nemo and Ever Dream. I decided not to upload them to my YouTube channel, but I uploaded them to my Facebook page and made them public, so you can check them out. These were all some of my favorite songs, and they also played Planet Hell, which is such a powerful song. In Planet Hell she actually sung Marco's parts, which was cool.  Storytime sounded so much better sung by Floor than Anette, and at the end when they played Ghost Love Score I felt like I was in heaven. I still think that Tarja's songs sound better with her voice, but that's just my opinion. 

I was there quite early so I managed to get quite close to the stage. Helsinki Ice Hall is a nice place to have a gig like this, at it is so big that it does not feel crowded. I am going to see Rammstein in Tallinn this month, even though here I wrote I would not go to Estonia, I decided to go anyway, oops. There is a 3km walk to the Laululava from the harbor, I have to stand up for several hours and then walk back the 3km. I already know I'm going to be in pain. There was actually a ship that leaves at 1.30 AM, but it is quite expensive, almost 100 euro, and I would need to be there at 1 AM so I would probably miss it. So I decided to take a ship at the morning that leaves at 6 AM. I'm going to be awake the whole night, but hey, for Rammstein I have to suffer. Those are the only metal gigs I had for this summer. I almost went to Rock in the City Vantaa, but decided not to, as Desucon was in the next weekend. Also Hypecon was at the same time, so I decided to go there. 

Here are some videos that others have posted:


Nemo

Storytime
 
Planet Hell

Ghost Love Score

I actually completely forgot about this post. I accured me few days ago that I had forgotten to write about the Nightiwish gig. So I wrote about it. Thankfully I realized now and not months later. 








Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti